I swore that I was not going to bake banana bread during this time… So instead I decided to use the bananas that I had to make muffins! The fruit here just doesn’t last as long so I didn’t have much chance to eat my bananas before I knew that I had to do something else with them. These muffins are absolutely delicious. They are light and fluffy as well as being (and I apologise in advance for the use of this word) moist! They really did not take very long to make and the result was amazing. Here is the quick and easy method. They make about 12 muffins, depending on the size.
- 1 ½ cups flour (I used cake flour)
- 1tsp baking powder
- 1tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 100g dark chocolate (cut into chunks)
- ¾ cup sugar
- 3 or 4 bananas
- ½ cup oil
- 10ml vanilla essence
- Preheat the oven to 190 °C .
- Mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda and chocolate together.
- Mash the bananas, add the sugar, oil, and vanilla essence and mix together.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Scoop the mixture into your muffin tray (I filled them about ¾ of the way).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until you can stick a toothpick in them and it comes out clean.
- Remove from the tray and let cool before eating!
You could use chocolate chips for this recipe or another kind of chocolate but I had this chocolate at home and it is delicious so I wanted to use this one. I actually hardly ever use real chocolate chips. I find a slab of chocolate works just as well, if not better.
Have you been baking during this time at home? What have you been making? Let me know in the comments below!