Halloween is just around the corner and, although we don’t really celebrate it as much here, I do love making Halloween inspired food. Both of the treats that I am sharing today are ridiculously easy to make and delicious!
Monster Rice Krispie Treats
Who doesn’t like rice krispie treats? I love them because you can change them up depending on the flavour of marshmallows that you use. For these monsters I just used the regular pink and white ones.
1. Melt the marshmallows (I do it in the microwave but the stove works too)
2. Add the rice krispies to the melted marshmallows and stir.
3. Put in a dish and leave to harden.
4. Decorate using the icing sugar and Smarties – as well as any other things you might want to add.
TIP: Don’t press the mixture down too firmly as this can cause the treats to get too hard.
Frankenstein Brownie Treats
The thing that I love about brownies is that they are so easy to make but they are delicious. These ones are ridiculously simple!
1/2 cup cocoa
1/2 cup flour
1 cup margarine
1 cup sugar
1. Turn the oven on to 175°C.
2. Mix all of the ingredients together.
3. Pour into a greased baking tin.
4. Put into the oven for approximately 15 minutes.
TIP: Keep checking the brownies as your oven might take more or less time. Also, taste the mixture before you bake it – add more cocoa if needed!
There are my very quick and easy treats for Halloween. Also, you can decorate them differently for other occasions but what is Halloween without a little bit of a scare?
Here are some biscuits that I made last year for Halloween – they came out so well!
Do you celebrate Halloween in any way? Are you making anything special for Halloween? Let me know in the comments below!