Raise your hand if you like chocolate. I am raising two over here because I LOVE it! I enjoy chocolate and I enjoy baking so it would make sense to love chocolate chip cookies. Not only do I enjoy eating them but I enjoy making them too. This recipe does not require a lot of ingredients and is quick and easy to make. If you can’t find chocolate chips you can just buy a normal slab of chocolate and cut it into small pieces. This sometimes melts a bit more than the chocolate chips but is still delicious!
Makes approx. 15 chocolate chip cookies
- 100g margarine
- 120g sugar
- 1 egg
- 2t vanilla essence
- 150g flour
- ½ t baking powder
- 100g – 120g chocolate chips – depending on how chocolatey you want them to be
- nuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Cream the margarine and sugar together.
- Add the egg and vanilla essence.
- Add the flour, baking powder and chocolate chips. If you are using nuts then add them in now too.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes (this will depend on your oven so be sure to keep an eye on them)
- Eat and enjoy!
Do you enjoy baking? Would you try these? What is your favourite thing to bake? Let me know in the comments below!